Monday, August 29, 2011

Melia Dubia ( Tamil: Malai Vembu ) plantation and veneer:

A Melia dubia (Malai Vembu in Tamil, Hebbevu in Kannada, Konda Veppa in Telugu) mother plant bed in FCRI, Mettupalayam. 

A 'Melia dubia' plantation 1 year and 8 months old in FCRI, Mettupalayam.
Veneer (a layer of plywood) is a thin sheet of wood of uniform thickness cut on a lathe by rotating a log against a knife blade in a peeling operation. Since Melia dubia is a low grade timber; it is widely being used as inner and back veneer in plywood making and it is not used as face veneer.

A rotary cut veneer from Melia dubia, 60” in Width, 4 mm in thickness on display at FCRI, Mettupalayam.
Regards,
Vishnu Sankar

4 Comentários:

Iranna Hurakadli said...

does plantation of Melia Dubia has impact/effect on
1. Soil Fertility
2. Ground Water level i.e does it suck too much water from ground.
3. Impact on nearby crops/trees

Like Eucalyptus does this also have any side effects?

Please let me know

Deena said...

Deena said...

Dear Vishnu,

Greetings!!!!

Let me introduce myself, I am Deenadayalan working for CRO (Contract research Organization – Clinical Research) in Hyderabad. We have 2acre agricultural land in Vandavasi, Tiruvannamalai dist. Currently I am interested in cultivating Melia dubia in my land. When I was collecting the information about Melia dubia, I found this site, it would be great help if you could please provide me some articles or links to refer fpr plantation. Also, please provide me some reference to buy good quality saplings near Vandavasi or thiruvanamalai dist.
Thanks in advance for your support and help.

Contact information:
e-mail: nature.deena@gmail.com
Ph no: 09014905333

Vishnu Sankar A said...

Please contact The Asst. Conservator of Forests, Forest Extension division of Dept. of Forests, Thiruvannamalai (OR) Dr.Parthiban, Forest College and Research Institute, Mettupalayam for Melia dubia seedlings.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Vishnu Sankar,

I works in Bangalore and got farm land in my village basically we cultivate sugar cane and paddy now due to laborer problem we want to grow some pants with minimum laborer.

By going through your blog we are planing to plant MELIYA Bubiya ( Hebbeu )

Suggest me some place where I can get sapplings in Karnataka near Bellary Distric

Regards

Mahantesh veerapur_ms@yahoo.com

  ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOP